Latest Game and Movie Reviews (Live Update)

* Game Ratings (/10), Movie Ratings (/5)

DS Tokyo Beat Down 7.1
Xbox 360 Fracture 8.0
MOVIE Knowing 5  CHOICE WATCH
MOVIE The Unborn 0
PC Left 4 Dead 8.7
Xbox 360 Mirror's Edge 8.5
MOVIE Dead Space Downfall 3.5
MOVIE The Day the Earth Stood Still 0.5
PSP Super Stardust Portable 9.7  CHOICE PICK
PSP Need for Speed Undercover 2.8
Browse more game reviews | Browse more movie reviews | Subscribe to articles

WELCOME TO POWERPLAY BLOG, YOUR ENTERTAINMENT BLOG FOR GAMES AND MOVIES. IT IS HOPED THAT YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG. THIS BLOG IS UPDATED FREQUENTLY, SO PLEASE DO VISIT AGAIN. THANK YOU!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

DS over PSP

(Exclusive article) - One of the very first few things that is on my wishlist for 2006 is a handheld. I really wanted to own a handheld so I can game on the go. I did consider the PSP at first but gave up the idea of buying it as it is priced at $405 in my local currency. No, it was not the price that changed my decision. It were the PSP games. None of them seemed to interest me at all. At $75 to $79 in my local currency, PSP games are much more expensive compared to DS games , which cost around $65 to $75. PSP was off my list. Next's up was the Game Boy Advanced. Looking at the variety of games made for the GBA made me want to laugh. I think GBA games were made primirily for kids, not for teenagers like me. Yeah, no no to a GBA. GBA was off my list. Next, it was Game Boy Micro. What a joke! The screen of Game Boy Micro is smaller than the screen of most of the mobile phones in the market right now. What quality games can possibly be played on Game Boy Micro? I think I will stick to my mobile phone than to buy Game Boy Micro. Okay, no Game Boy Micro, I told myself. Next, Nintendo DS. Looking at its $235 price tag at a neighborhood store, I knew that I wanted to get it. And I have also read rave reviews on one particular DS game (Mario Kart DS). Perhaps I am going to get that game for my DS, my first game for my DS, which I am considering buying next week (1st week of January). That is my story of how I am going to buy the DS instead of technically-better PSP. End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powerplay Megabytes | Achievement Unlocked! | SUPER Rant | Game Reviews | Time Capsule | Movie Reviews | Previews | Hardware Guides | Features and News