Latest Game and Movie Reviews (Live Update)

* Game Ratings (/10), Movie Ratings (/5)

DS Tokyo Beat Down 7.1
Xbox 360 Fracture 8.0
MOVIE Knowing 5  CHOICE WATCH
MOVIE The Unborn 0
PC Left 4 Dead 8.7
Xbox 360 Mirror's Edge 8.5
MOVIE Dead Space Downfall 3.5
MOVIE The Day the Earth Stood Still 0.5
PSP Super Stardust Portable 9.7  CHOICE PICK
PSP Need for Speed Undercover 2.8
Browse more game reviews | Browse more movie reviews | Subscribe to articles

WELCOME TO POWERPLAY BLOG, YOUR ENTERTAINMENT BLOG FOR GAMES AND MOVIES. IT IS HOPED THAT YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG. THIS BLOG IS UPDATED FREQUENTLY, SO PLEASE DO VISIT AGAIN. THANK YOU!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Looking Back:Why I bought the Xbox instead of PS2

(Exclusive article) - I remembered the day I got my Xbox console. I paid $348 (my local currency) for it. Why didn't I buy the PlayStation 2, which was priced at $285 (in my local currency)? Simple, because my local PlayStaion 2 games were mostly in Japanese, which I hardly understand. No, that was not the only reason. PlayStation 2 games in my country were relatively more costly than Xbox games. PS2 games were priced at >$80 while Xbox games were priced at $69.90. Not to mention that the Xbox games were all in English language. PS2 games were mostly also role playing games (RPGs), which I dislike. I discovered that there were better game titles released for the Xbox. For example, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Halo 2, Forza Motorsport and Dead or Alive Ultimate/3. These were games that were only released for Xbox. Had I bought the PS2, I wouldn't be enjoying those games. Let's see, PS2 has the Metal Gear Solid series, Grand Turismo series, Devil May Cry series, but those were not enough to please me. Had I bought the PS2, I would have missed out Halo. Oh yeah, PS2 has the Soul Calibur series, but Soul Calibur 2 was later released for Xbox too. Perhaps Soul Calibur 3 would be released for Xbox 360 later. Wait a minute! There was no online service for the PS2 in my country. The Xbox has Xbox Live. So, after much pondering, I bought the Xbox - and I felt very happy. Happy that I chosed the Xbox over PlayStation 2.

Agree with me? Make your opinions heard! Post your comments in the 'power comments' section now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powerplay Megabytes | Achievement Unlocked! | SUPER Rant | Game Reviews | Time Capsule | Movie Reviews | Previews | Hardware Guides | Features and News