Latest Game and Movie Reviews (Live Update)

* Game Ratings (/10), Movie Ratings (/5)

DS Tokyo Beat Down 7.1
Xbox 360 Fracture 8.0
MOVIE Knowing 5  CHOICE WATCH
MOVIE The Unborn 0
PC Left 4 Dead 8.7
Xbox 360 Mirror's Edge 8.5
MOVIE Dead Space Downfall 3.5
MOVIE The Day the Earth Stood Still 0.5
PSP Super Stardust Portable 9.7  CHOICE PICK
PSP Need for Speed Undercover 2.8
Browse more game reviews | Browse more movie reviews | Subscribe to articles

WELCOME TO POWERPLAY BLOG, YOUR ENTERTAINMENT BLOG FOR GAMES AND MOVIES. IT IS HOPED THAT YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG. THIS BLOG IS UPDATED FREQUENTLY, SO PLEASE DO VISIT AGAIN. THANK YOU!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Game Review 6:Call of Duty 2

This is one perfect war game that is a must-buy for any gamer. I'm not joking. This game is really that wonderful. In this game, you will play as either the Russian, British or American throughout the missions. The first three missions are allocated to the Russian, the next four allocated to the British and the last three allocated to the American. This makes it ten missions in total. I'm currently at the second-last mission. As far as I know, this game allows me to say one word that I've not said for donkey years to a game and that word is 'flawless'. Into my second-last mission, I have already ridden two vehicles, consisting of a Crusader tank and being a gunner in an amoured truck. There's quite a variety of weapons, including the MP40 and anti-tank gun. As you advance through the missions, the objectives get more challenging and they take a much longer time to complete. Throughout the ten missions, you, along with your comrades, will be taking on the bad Germans of WW2. I have noticed that the enemies like to throw grenades. The funniest part of the game are the interesting speeches made by your commanders and comrades. Hearing them just makes me want to laugh. For example, in your first mission, in the training camp, one of your comrades will be remarking, "Why are we using potatoes instead of real grenades?" And the commander replies, "What do you know, real grenades are very valuable, even more valuable than you." This is one of the interesting speeches. There are several others. The game follows the events of WW2 very closely too. Sometimes, before the start of the missions, there will be old black and white films deplicting the real life events of WW2. Talk about a history lesson! Extra features are included if you buy the collector's edition. Extra features like the art gallery and behind the scences. That's what I bought. At least my money is not wasted. This game is worth every single cent I paid. (Screenshots) *I played this game on PC. PS2 version may differ.

Overall score: 10/10
Platform available: PC, Xbox 360, PS2
Good points: Very thrilling gameplay - you will feel as if you are in the war
Bad points: -Nil-

(updated) Okay, I have finished the Call of Duty 2 single-player campaign. 10 missions in all but 9 hours. I have to agree to the fact that this is simply too short. But, never mind, the multiplayer's great. I get to use many weapons that I did not even try in the single-player campaign. For the deathmatch mode, the first player to reach 30 kills wins. Yes, I have only accomplished it once. For the rest of the time, I am always sinking to the bottom of the table. Too few kills. I am always the reckless one rushing in like a maniac and getting killed. That is, after I change my style of playing from hiding and sniping to rush and kill with the shotgun, which is also known as the Trench. Many players online at Call of Duty 2.

(updated)
Overall score: 10/10
Good points: High replay value
Bad points: Single-player campaign mode is too short. Hoping to see an expansion soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powerplay Megabytes | Achievement Unlocked! | SUPER Rant | Game Reviews | Time Capsule | Movie Reviews | Previews | Hardware Guides | Features and News